Sunday 24 May 2015

The Second Sprint, (or Sprint 2.0 if you're from 2005)

Hello!

Let's move on to the second sprint. Pulling the stories, tasks and acceptance criteria for what I hope to achieve! Onwards!

Let's look at the brand new board, that isn't actually that new but more an iterative continuation of my progress so far, GO AGILE!


Let's begin with the business/career/studies segment:

StoriesTasks
As an agile Timelord I want to read one non-fiction book a month so that I become more knowledgeable on useful and interesting topics.This two week sprint I plan to read 'Happiness by Design'
As an agile Timelord I want to read one fiction book a month so that I become more well-read and cultured.This sprint I plan to read 'Ready Player One'
As an agile Timelord I want to listen to 4 business podcasts a week so that I learn more about business culture and best practices.This sprint I plan on continuing to listen to Entrepreneur on Fire and Entreleadership podcasts, adding in Quick and Dirty Tips
As an agile Timelord I want to rewrite my CV so that I keep abreast of my skillset and can compare myself to other professionals in the marketplaceRewrite my CV so it is fully up to date
As an agile Timelord I want to learn how to code so that I can understand a selection of coding languages and processesUse Khan Academy or Codecademy to learn basic coding

Spiritual:

StoriesTasks
As an agile Timelord I want to feel calm and confident through meditation so that I am less stressedI will download the Headspace meditation app and work through the 10 day programme

The task is marked in blue as I have started it but not completed it to my own satisfaction.

Health:

StoriesTasks
As an agile Timelord I want to work out at least 5 times a week so that I lose weight and tone my body.I will use a fitness DVD in the mornings, waking up an hour earlier to do so
As an agile Timelord I want to walk at least 10,000 steps each day so I set myself an active benchmark to lose weight.I will track my steps using a Fitbit Charge HR tracking my progress using the app and dashboard. As such I will aim to have a weekly accumulative total of 70,000 steps
As an agile Timelord I want to chart my progress and set a target of losing 2lb of weight a week so that I can reach my overall goal.My current weight is 199lb, by weighing myself daily and keeping up with my more active lifestyle I will track my progress

Personal Growth:

StoriesTasks
As an agile Timelord I want to be able to feel confident in any situation so that I am comfortableI will attend the local Toastmasters meeting to build up my confidence in public situations and learn greater public speaking habits
As an agile Timelord I want to write a personal speech so that I'm prepared for giving speeches in the futureWrite first draft of speech
As an agile Timelord I want to learn best practices of speakers so that I am a competent speaker myselfWatch 5 TED talks

Social/Community:

StoriesTasks
As an agile Timelord I want a growing blog so that I grow my writing skillsI will update the blog daily informing of my progress, experiences and future plans.
As an agile Timelord I want to take a role within the Charity Committee so that I can help the community whilst also developing my skillsThe company charity committee is growing and I hope to be a significant part of it's development. I will organise, attend and drive meetings


As you can see from the points above the board is a continuation of the good habits expanding where possible. Adding more changes over time to my current foundation will allow me to progress at a manageable pace. The blue shaded areas show where progress has been made and mark a direct continuation from the previous sprint.

Hopefully I'll have even more updates for you and awesome progress as the second sprint progresses.

Cheers!
AT



No comments:

Post a Comment