Sunday 24 May 2015

Sprint Review

Hello!

The sprint is over! Awesome!


Let's review the sprint board!


Look at all that green! Damn, I've accomplished quite a bit this sprint. I plan to go through each story and explain what I've done to achieve it.

For businesses/career/studies the stories are as follows:
  • As an agile Timelord I want to read one non-fiction book a month so that I become more knowledgeable on useful and interesting topics.
    • I read 'How to Win Friends and Influence People', a classic business and self development book detailing my findings in the blog.
    • I enjoyed the book and the way it conveyed very basic principles with anecdotes, although not all the anecdotes were relevant in the current age the messages were.
    • I hope that by reading this book and reviewing the lessons occasionally will improve my people skills
  • As an agile Timelord I want to read one fiction book a month so that I become more well-read and cultured.
    • I read 'The Handmaid's Tale', a disturbing dystopian vision of a future not too far away from what could be.
    • The book has stayed with me and I feel better for having read it, although disturbing and challenging in some parts I can appreciate the story as an interesting and thought provoking text.
    • In particular the deconstruction of the text in the final chapter was a fantastic addition which I did not anticipate giving true context to the events described in the book.
  • As an agile Timelord I want to listen to 4 business podcasts a week so that I learn more about business culture and best practices.
    • Throughout this sprint I have listened to multiple episodes of 'Entrepreneur on Fire' and 'Entreleadership'.
    • Both are leading business podcasts focussing on how individuals can promote themselves through learning skills and also documenting the journey of an individual to business proficiency.
    • I enjoy the contrast between both with 'Entreleadership' following a more culture and values based approach whilst 'Entrepreneur on Fire' focuses on an individual's journey to success.
  • As an agile Timelord I want to attend local meetups so that I can increase my skillset and grow my network
    • I have identified an agile meet up in the North East which I will attend every month
    • Through having this blog I applied to go to Thinking Digital 2015 for a free 'social ticket' with the Sage One Street Team.
    • The conference was awesome and the Agile meetup has been positive in the past too, I feel by keeping an eye out for future events such as these can only be a good thing
On to spiritual:
  • As an agile Timelord I want to feel calm and confident through meditation so that I am less stressed
    • I have downloaded the Headspace app to help with meditation and results so far have been mixed, I do feel very relaxed when I meditate and use the system, but to a point where I actually fall asleep.
    • I do believe in the positive benefits of following a program such as Headspace but I am required to find a proper routine to integrate the system. For this reason I have marked it as in progress as I need to continue to develop my meditation practice.
Health:
  • As an agile Timelord I want to work out at least 5 times a week so that I lose weight and tone my body.
    • I have used a fitness DVD as specified in the tasks as how I wanted to achieve my goals.
    • I do feel physically better, and whilst this may not have a ripped and toned physique I feel my stamina has increased.
    • I have worked out all days but 2 due to illness, but ensured that in those 2 days I didn't work out I was still highly active.
  • As an agile Timelord I want to walk at least 10,000 steps each day so I set myself an active benchmark to lose weight.
    • Achieved! Thank you FitBit!
    • I intend to keep this up and push myself to achieve more badges on FitBit
  • As an agile Timelord I want to chart my progress and set a target of losing 2lb of weight a week so that I can reach my overall goal.
    • I have been maintaining my weight and although I have not lost the total of 4lb needed to satisfy the goal I have lost over a stone from the start of the year.
    • Learning how my body typically loses weight is part of my plan, from what I've discovered, my body loses weight quickly and then stops whilst it readjusts. Once it levels out I can then start to lose weight again, at the moment I feel I'm on one of the plateaus before a loss.
Personal growth:
  • As an agile Timelord I want to be able to feel confident in any situation so that I am comfortable 
    • I attended the local Toastmasters meeting to build up my confidence in public situations and learn greater public speaking habits, and I won myself a ribbon!
    • I'm looking to potentially join the Toastmasters association and work through their communication guidance
  • I will change my wardrobe and dress to the occasion, presenting myself as a confident individual will be easier if I dress as one.
    •  New clothes have been bought including shirts, pants and shoes. Had a t-shirt on for the first time at the weekend and it felt good. It does make a difference even if it is only my own perception
  • Write a varied bucket list of experiences I wish to accomplish
    • The list is both completed and in progress at the same time, I have a solid varied list of experiences to aim to achieve and it feels good that I have personal goals to strive for
 Social/Community:
  • As an agile Timelord I want a growing blog so that I grow my writing skills 
    • The blog has been posted over 25 times now, I feel my confidence growing through my writing
  • As an agile Timelord I want to take a role within the Charity Committee so that I can help the community whilst also developing my skills
    • I've signed up to the committee and will hopefully be able to help raising money and donating time for good causes
Current mood following completing all this:

Pretty freaking awesome. I'm happy with the progress made in this sprint and I think that implementing the agile methodology for personal development does have validity. 

Am I better now than I was two weeks ago? I think so, and can I be even better after another sprint? I hope so. 

Onwards!

Thanks for reading!
AT

No comments:

Post a Comment