Saturday 23 May 2015

Accountability: The Bucket List

Hello!


Time to deliver my bucket list! For those not aware of the term it refers to things people wish to do before they die, or, kick the bucket.

A number of experiences or achievements that a person hopes to have or accomplish during their lifetime: 'making this trip is the first thing on my bucket list'

 http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/bucket-list

Writing the list is a fun way of achieving experiences in life, documenting them and gamifying a list. Essentially it's an additional personal backlog consisting of epics, stories and tasks, whilst my original backlog is primarily about my professional development, this is more of a to-do list of things I want to achieve in my life.

I do not anticipate this to be a fully comprehensive list and the list I've developed for submission for this task does not list everything I hope to do with my life, simply because I'm still young, circumstances change and things I want when I'm in my mid-twenties may be significantly different from the things I want when I'm in my forties. 

Currently my list stands at just shy of forty things I wish to achieve in my life. They vary from travelling experiences such as driving down the West Coast of North America  to more event based actions such as going ghost hunting.

In the list which I will add to as I go on, I am breaking down what kind of experience it is on the list and what will be required to complete it. It appears that one of the biggest impediments/blocker on me achieving most things on my bucket list is the financial element, simply being I cannot afford to do some of the things on my list yet.

Whilst I hope my financial situation improves as I grow in my career, I need to prioritise what elements are important in my bucket list. This may be a task for a future sprint, and one that I will talk over with my partner in the future as I hope to have her by my side for many of these experiences.

Can I mark this task as done? Yes, I have a bucket list.
Can I mark this task as done done? No, I'm not wholly happy that this can be released or seen as conclusive even in MVP V1 form in it's current state.

 Thanks for reading!

AT

No comments:

Post a Comment