Sunday 24 May 2015

Sprint One Retrospective

Hello!

Time for the sprint retrospective!
Image result for business cat blank

I need to be honest and blunt with myself, what I achieved, what I could have done better and how I can improve processes for the next sprint, let's start with what went well:
  • Audiobooks!
    • They're awesome, time-saving and have really helped me in my reading
    • I have a mixture of books ordered online to get a cheap price and swift delivery and audiobook credits from Audible
  • The blog!
    • This has helped me keep this going, I'm nefarious for being faddy and following odd trends, the writing of the blog has ensured that I keep going in the sprints
    • Writing the blog enabled me to tap into the blog community in the North East, as a result I was able to go to the Thinking Digital Conference with a ticket provided by Sage
  • FitBit
    • This awesome little gadget not only acts as a watch but the step counter that encourages me to push myself more on a daily basis.
    • The gamification of the process has pushed me to continually reach the next level
What didn't work so well?
  • Routine
    • I need to develop a stronger routine to ensure all my tasks get done and follow up
      • I went to Toastmasters only 50% of the time possible
      • I need to refine my routine for Headspace
  • Distractions
    • I need to ensure that I don't get distracted and continue on the tasks set
  •   Impediments
    • For fitness I need a stronger eating plan including utilising tools such as My Fitness Pal
  • Preparation
    • Now that I'm through my first sprint I need to arrange the next one, however I don't have the stories prepared the way I want, I must view agile as an organic process and update the backlog more readily and thoroughly for future sprints to avoid a bottleneck 

Am I satisfied with the sprint? Yes, but there can always be improvement, which is why we do the retrospective. Onwards to the next sprint!

AT

No comments:

Post a Comment