Sunday 24 May 2015

Accountability: Charity

Hello!

In this accountability post I'm going to give an update on one of the later stories added to the sprint.

This story is likely to be an ongoing task with time demands fluctuating throughout the year, however by adding it to this current sprint I can quantify the time and effort put into it.
  • As an agile Timelord I want to take a role within the Charity Committee so that I can help the community whilst also developing my skills
    • The charity committee is starting this week with preliminary talks, I wish to take a leading role in this process and dedicate time to planning charitable causes each week
So, what happened?

The charity committee met for the first time this week. To help facilitate the meeting I created a shared Google drive with shared documents to set agendas and collate information on charities we wish to raise money for. The team is diverse in its skills, there are designers, marketers and those who have fantastic fundraising experience. I may be slightly out of my depth within this team however this can only be a good thing.


The structure will be set in the coming weeks to define all processes the committee will go through when organising events and how money will be raised alongside carving out time to give back to the local community through volunteer work.


The charity committee will be an excellent way my co-workers and I can work together to raise money whilst also building my organisation and people skills.

Hope to have more updates for you soon!
AT

No comments:

Post a Comment