Tuesday 5 May 2015

Introduction and the Vision

Hello!


Thank you for deciding to read this. I've decided as an experiment I wish to impose the agile methodology of product development on to, well myself. I'm going to scrum my life, improving my well-being, knowledge and marketability in sprints.

I've recently be introduced into agile, scrum and all the whole process of software development. I recently completed my Certified Scrum Product Owner course so chock full of enthusiasm if not necessarily experience. I believe that using the basics of scrum and agile to improve my own personal development will be a way to improve my skills in my professional role, whilst at the same time I'm reap the rewards that a structured personal development plan can deliver.

To do this, I'm going to label myself, the Agile Timelord as a product. As a basic guide I'm going to give myself a product vision, a sweeping statement that will allow me some leeway, however implies where I want to go in my journey.

"I wish to become a knowledgeable, confident person with a strong, diverse skillset, actively living life with enthusiasm and happiness."

From this vision I will identify areas of self improvement to be epics. Once I've determined a group of epics I will break them down further into user stories and actionable tasks I can complete in sprint cycles.

I'm aware that this approach may be slightly flawed but continual sections of two weeks will help me increase my worth to my employer and improve my overall happiness.

I'll update you with my epics in my next update!

AT


No comments:

Post a Comment