Sunday 31 May 2015

Accountability - Curriculum Vitality

Hello!

Today's accountability blog focuses on writing my CV, which means that today's post may be even more naval gazing than usual.

I've never been good at self promotion, which is why in part this task in my personal development agile journey is so important. Writing a good CV is incredibly important to not only keep abreast of my current skills if I ever decide to change jobs or companies but it is also a positive task to ensure that I'm aware of what I've accomplished. With this in mind I plan to update my CV around twice a year.

When writing the CV I broke it down into several parts:
  • Personal statement
  • Work experience
  • Qualifications/Certifications
  • Interests
In keeping with the spirit of agile I broke each of the sections down and focused on deliverables for each. Instead of stating and listing the tasks I've undertaken I've shown what I've actually produced/delivered and stated why that brought value.

This approach hopefully shows my worth, what I've achieved to my current employer whilst also showing those potentially interested in my services that I can deliver complete projects and the value I can provide.

 
Thanks for reading!
AT

No comments:

Post a Comment