Monday 18 May 2015

Running on Empty

Hello!

Well, it looks like I underestimated what I can do in a sprint. Let's review the sprint board.

There's not much more I can do this sprint aside from maintaining my current actions in the hope of making them into new habits, so with this in mind, what can I do to ensure I still have actions and that I don't become disenchanted with the process?

I need to slip back into the role of Product Owner, review the backlog, add more stories, groom the backlog and if there is something I deem important enough to warrant more immediate attention, push it into the current sprint.

Reviewing the Master backlog it is clear I can flesh it out a bit and as such I can look to add more to it to help define what I want to get from my personal development, and in addition to this I can plan future sprints.

On the Business/Career/Studies side I have added the following stories:
  • As an agile Timelord I want to rewrite my CV so that I keep abreast of my skillset and can compare myself to other professionals in the marketplace
  • As an agile Timelord I want to attend local meetups so that I can increase my skillset and grow my network
  • As an agile Timelord I want to learn how to code so that I can understand a selection of coding languages and processes
  • As an agile Timelord I want to define my PhD proposal so that I can apply for my PhD in the future
For Spiritual:
  • As an agile Timelord I want to define my beliefs so that I feel comfortable in who I am
For Personal Development:
  • As an agile Timelord I want to write a bucket list so that I directly address what experiences I want in life
For Community:
  • As an agile Timelord I want to take a leading role within the Charity Committee so that I can help the community whilst also developing my skills

Breaking these stories down into tasks below:

Business
As an agile Timelord I want to rewrite my CV so that I keep abreast of my skillset and can compare myself to other professionals in the marketplaceReview current CV, review other CVs and best practices. Rewrite CV to reflect new experiences and new qualifications
As an agile Timelord I want to attend local meetups so that I can increase my skillset and grow my networkReview relevant local meetups and attend
As an agile Timelord I want to learn how to code so that I can understand a selection of coding languages and processesUse Khan Academy and Codecademy to learn basic coding
As an agile Timelord I want to define my PhD proposal so that I can apply for my PhD in the futureDefine what I wish to study for my PhD and read background material 
Spirit
As an agile Timelord I want to define my beliefs so that I feel comfortable in who I amCreate an agile Timelord manifesto of beliefs
Personal Growth
As an agile Timelord I want to write a bucket list so that I directly address what experiences I want in lifeWrite a varied bucket list of experiences I wish to accomplish
Community
As an agile Timelord I want to take a leading role within the Charity Committee so that I can help the community whilst also developing my skillsThe company charity committee is growing and I hope to be a significant part of it's development. I will organise, attend and drive meetings
The tasks above vary in size, scope and complexity and it would be unfeasible for me to attempt to complete all of these in the time remaining. I need to realistically determine what's the largest possible gain in the remaining time with the greatest value. I also have to review what is practical in the current circumstances beyond my control.

With this in mind I am adding the following stories to this current sprint:

Personal Development:
  • As an agile Timelord I want to write a bucket list so that I directly address what experiences I want in life
    • This process of personal development relate to my vision of wanting to have a full and successful life, by writing small tasks I want to achieve will help me give clarity to my agile development
Community:
  • As an agile Timelord I want to take a leading role within the Charity Committee so that I can help the community whilst also developing my skills
    • The charity committee is starting this week with preliminary talks, I wish to take a leading role in this process and dedicate time to planning charitable causes each week
With these new stories added, hopefully I will find myself busy until the end of the sprint.

Cheers for reading,
The Partially Recharged Timelord

No comments:

Post a Comment