Wednesday 6 May 2015

Building the Epics: Backlog Magic

Hello again!

So, I've decided to agile my life, and as a result I need to indulge myself into a 'research spike' to understand what I want to get out of this process, and as a more general result, my life.

The life wheel below is something I acquired from a simple Google, it's a very simple concept but one that may work incredibly well in breaking down areas of my life and charting progress. Not all the segments are truly relevant at the moment but they do represent areas of life that will require attention over time.


Source: http://personalexcellence.co/blog/images/life-wheel.jpg
For this experiment I intend to focus on the following areas:

  • Health/fitness
  • Personal growth
  • Contribution
  • Business/Career/Studies
  • Self-image
This does not mean I will neglect the other areas, however I want to pay specific attention to the above as they are the most pressing. These areas all relate to my vision: "I wish to become a knowledgeable, confident person with a strong, diverse skillset, actively living life with enthusiasm and happiness."

Breaking down the above epic areas I require to come up with goals, if not necessarily actions as a result of the life wheel.

  • As an agile Timelord I wish to increase my health and fitness so that I feel confident in my body aesthetically and physically, making myself feel healthy, secure and strong.
  • As an agile Timelord I wish to have quantifiable personal growth so that I am a more well read, knowledgeable and confident person.
  • As an agile Timelord I want to make a contribution to my local community so that I feel that I give back to my community and make my environment a better place.
  • As an agile Timelord I want to grow in my career, proving that I can excel in my role so that I can raise through the ranks of my company gaining respect and monetary compensation for my effort.
  • As an agile Timelord I wish to improve my self-image so that I feel confident speaking publicly and comfortable in myself and abilities.
I believe that these epics can be broken down into actionable user stories to be inserted into future sprints.

Fingers crossed!

AT

No comments:

Post a Comment