Tuesday 12 May 2015

Criteria? Accepted.

 Hello!

Today I'm going to evaluate my stories, tasks and habits present in the sprint and explain the acceptance criteria of which I'm holding these to stand against. In the agile world, when all the acceptance criteria have been achieved the stories would be marked as 'done'.

When everyone would be happy with the results the group would then mark the task as 'done, done'. In this framework of utilising agile for personal development I will review the tasks as done as I burn through them but it will be my scrum masters who will be marking the tasks as 'done done'.

So, how am I judging whether the jobs have been completed?

 Business/Career/Studies


StoriesTasks
As an agile Timelord I want to read one non-fiction book a month so that I become more knowledgeable on useful and interesting topics.This two week sprint I plan to read 'How to Win Friends and Influence People'
As an agile Timelord I want to read one fiction book a month so that I become more well-read and cultured.This sprint I plan to read 'The Handmaid's Tale'
As an agile Timelord I want to listen to 4 business podcasts a week so that I learn more about business culture and best practices.This sprint I plan to listen to Entrepreneur on Fire and Entreleadership podcasts


As I hope to never stop learning this epic will never be 'done done', however the individual tasks can work their way up to achieving that status. However I feel reading the book, may not be enough to gain all the information I need on it, so, here are my acceptance criteria for marking a book as 'done' and 'done done'.


Done:
Read the book / listen to the audiobook/podcasts in full
Read the wikipedia page (if available) and following references to understand the importance of the text (book only)
Feel speaking on themes and issues raised

Once these have been completed I will mark the task as 'done'. You may have guessed already how I mark the task as 'done done'...

Done Done:
Discuss the book with my scrum team giving an overview of the text and its wider impact
Discuss issues and tips presented in the podcasts

Spiritual

StoriesTasks
As an agile Timelord I want to feel calm and confident through meditation so that I am less stressedI will download the Headspace meditation app and work through the 10 day programme


Done:
Download the app and work through the programme


Done done:
Show progress to scrum masters of completion/workthrough of the app

Health


StoriesTasks
As an agile Timelord I want to work out at least 5 times a week so that I lose weight and tone my body.I will use a fitness DVD in the mornings, waking up an hour earlier to do so
As an agile Timelord I want to walk at least 10,000 steps each day so I set myself an active benchmark to lose weight.I will track my steps using a Fitbit Charge HR tracking my progress using the app and dashboard. As such I will aim to have a weekly accumulative total of 70,000 steps
As an agile Timelord I want to chart my progress and set a target of losing 2lb of weight a week so that I can reach my overall goal.My current weight is 200lb, by weighing myself daily and keeping up with my more active lifestyle I will track my progress


Done:
Performing the work out at least 5 days out of 7 day week
Walking 10,000 steps per day
Sustained weight loss - achieving a total weight of 164lb


Done done:
Proof of workout completion using FitBit Charge HR to scrum team
Proof of step count using FitBit Charge HR to scrum team - screen shot if necessary
Proof of weight to scrumteam - charted over time

Personal Growth


StoriesTasks
As an agile Timelord I want to be able to feel confident in any situation so that I am comfortableI will attend the local Toastmasters meeting to build up my confidence in public situations and learn greater public speaking habits
As an agile Timelord I want to be able to relax under the public gaze so that I can grow in my careerI will change my wardrobe and dress to the occasion, presenting myself as a confident individual will be easier if I dress as one.

Done:
Attending local Toastmasters
Purchase of new clothes

Done done:
Proof of attendance of Toastmasters and report back to scrumteam
Show new wardrobe and justify purchase to stakeholders - adapt work clothes

 Social

StoriesTasks
As an agile Timelord I want a growing blog so that I grow my writing skillsI will update the blog daily informing of my progress, experiences and future plans.

Done:
Updated blog at least 5 days out of 7 per week


Done done:
Presentation of blog and progress to stakeholders (and of course, you guys)


So, this is what I want to do, and this is how I will judge myself and hold myself accountable.

With the first sprint underway I'm making good progress and feel confident that I can update you (external parties interested), my partner (key stakeholder) and co-workers (scrum masters/assisting departments) as the sprint rolls on!

Challenge accepted.

 

Thanks for reading,
AT

No comments:

Post a Comment