Sunday 24 May 2015

Accountability: Blogception

Hello!

Today's accountability post regards this. This blog. This thing which I have been slowly entering data to chart my progress. Has it worked? Has it not?

Let's review!

So, this will be my 25th blog post. To celebrate, here's a trophy! The acceptance criteria outlined for this task in set in my previous posts asserted that I needed to update the blog at least five days out of seven. So far I have updated the blog (including this post) 15 times since the sprint officially began and also updated the blog with additional posts about my trip to Thinking Digital. I'd be happy to mark this task as complete for this sprint, but before I add it to my next sprint how has blogging kept me in line?

Much like the FitBit nudges me to better health by encouraging me that I need to walk a few more thousand steps a day, the presence of the blog makes me want to update it. By its existence alone I am pushed into updating it.

By continually writing the blog I feel I will be able to improve my writing technique, writing more content over time on a variety of topics will push me to deliver a greater quantity of content but also improve the overall quality.


The blog views so far have been minimal, but then again, why am I doing this? Unlike the men described in 'Orange is the New Black', this blog isn't a podcast that will turn into a book that will turn into a blog. It is more or less a public accountability session to ensure I improve professionally and personally. I could implement personal agile and keep it private, but the public accountability of the blog ensures that I am compelled to review my progress. My scrum masters plan on working a similar program to myself but they do not have public accountability as they do not feel it would work for them.

I believe that this process is currently working so there is no need to stop it.

Thanks for reading!
AT

No comments:

Post a Comment