Thursday 2 July 2015

Sprint 3: Review

Hello!

Sprint 3 has drawn to a close and it's time to check in with the board!


Now at a glance, there is plenty of green for complete, blue in progress and two areas greyed out. Mixed results from this sprint, let's see how I did!

Business/Career/Studies

StoriesTasksResults
As an agile Timelord I want to read one non-fiction book a month so that I become more knowledgeable on useful and interesting topics.This two week sprint I plan to read 'Happiness by Design' and act upon the advice givenInteresting and enlightening book, whilst it was not fully what I anticipated, nor have I quit my job like the cover said I would it offers practical deconstructions of happiness and how it can be achieved
As an agile Timelord I want to read one non-fiction book a month so that I become more knowledgeable on useful and interesting topics.This two week sprint I plan to read 'The Wild Diet' and act upon the advice givenWhilst I have not read this book fully (as in not read every recipe) I understand the concept behind it, linking strongly to the pleasure and purpose outlined in 'Happiness by Design'. Very interested in learning more about the paleo diet and continued study of the book in the future.
As an agile Timelord I want to read one fiction book a month so that I become more well-read and cultured.This sprint I plan to read 'Atlas Shrugged'A beast of a book with a beast of a write up. This divisive book was an interesting and insightful read
As an agile Timelord I want to listen to 4 business podcasts a week so that I learn more about business culture and best practices.This sprint I plan on continuing to listen to Entrepreneur on Fire, Entreleadership and Quick and Dirty Tips podcastsContinued listening to the podcasts has been a positive experience and a good dose of business inspiration when needed. Even better is the fact that the Entreleadership podcast is going weekly.


Spiritual

StoriesTasksResults
As an agile Timelord I want to feel calm and confident through meditation so that I am less stressedI will download the Headspace meditation app and work through the 10 day programmeI will not be doing this task however still wish to continue the story and develop a full meditation routine. This will be an important story/task in the next sprint.
As an agile Timelord I want to define my beliefs so that I feel comfortable in who I amI will define a manifesto for myself consisting of my beliefs and a call to action with a vision of who I want to beThis is a much bigger story and task than I initially anticipated. It will require more time and greater resources to truly deliver a true personal manifesto. I have made progress on this task and will continue work on it in future sprints.

Health

StoriesTasks
As an agile Timelord I want to work out at least 5 times a week so that I lose weight and tone my body.I will use a fitness DVD in the mornings, waking up an hour earlier to do soThis task was severely impacted by my illness this sprint. I have decided to reprioritise it and drop it down the backlog.
As an agile Timelord I want to walk at least 10,000 steps each day so I set myself an active benchmark to lose weight.I will track my steps using a Fitbit Charge HR tracking my progress using the app and dashboard. As such I will aim to have a weekly accumulative total of 70,000 stepsAchieved! Ongoing! Keep it up!
As an agile Timelord I want to chart my progress and set a target of losing 2lb of weight a week so that I can reach my overall goal.My current weight is 199lb, by weighing myself daily and keeping up with my more active lifestyle I will track my progressContinuing!

Personal Growth

StoriesTasks
As an agile Timelord I want to be able to feel confident in any situation so that I am comfortableDeliver first speech to Toastmasters on the Competent Communicator pathDelivered and I received a ribbon! Although I didn't win, the positive feedback will help inform future speeches
As an agile Timelord I want to write a personal speech so that I'm prepared for giving speeches in the futureWrite first draft of speechFirst draft achieved! Time to redraft soon
As an agile Timelord I want to learn best practices of speakers so that I am a competent speaker myselfWatch 5 TED talks5 Life Hacks - Not as interesting as the previous 5 but still very enlightening

Social/Community

StoriesTasks
As an agile Timelord I want a growing blog so that I grow my writing skillsI will update the blog daily informing of my progress, experiences and future plans.Over 60 posts and still going strong! At times it has been difficult, but I've managed to update every day
As an agile Timelord I want to take a role within the Charity Committee so that I can help the community whilst also developing my skillsThe company charity committee is growing and I hope to be a significant part of it's development. I will organise, attend and drive meetingsRolling along, whilst not highest priority at the moment at work it is still rolling along


Overall despite the impediments I'd say it was a successful sprint with a lot of positives.

I'll critique it further in the retrospective!

Thanks for reading!
AT


No comments:

Post a Comment